Wouldn't it be great if a single solution could manage all your manufacturing processes—from design, to production management, to logistics?
An integrated system enables the quick identification of process bottlenecks—helping you drive innovation and growth in your food manufacturing business. It allows you to enhance product quality, speed up turnaround time on deliveries, and lower costs. ColumbusFood is an example of such an integrated solution—capable of making all this happen while transforming you digitally.
An enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution, ColumbusFood is designed specifically for the food industry. It leverages Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central to give you the control and visibility you need to upgrade your food manufacturing business and make it future ready. This blog discusses the three primary ways ColumbusFood adds value to your business:
- Production planning: Batch planning in food manufacturing is essential to plan for fewer, more productive runs and lower overhead. ColumbusFood's intuitive planning tools create the most suitable alignment of demand, materials and supplies, and production processes for your business.
- Sets up production batches on different types of equipment
- Schedules packaging lines
- Adds custom tasks to build a complete and reliable schedule
- Provides complete overview of the demand and supply of finished goods at any given point in time
- Quality control: Consistent product quality is necessary to build brand reliability and customer loyalty. ColumbusFood helps you meet compliance regulations, set quality standards, incorporate significant quality criteria into business operations, and align them with quality policies. You will also be able to record and use quality control data to plan production and make well-informed decisions.
- Introduces transparency in processes to enable easier monitoring and management of quality testing and reporting
- Aligns the business with quality policies and documents quality achievements
- Sets up target values, additional test settings
- Records item quality tests and results
- Reports certificates of analyses
- Lot tracking: It is essential you streamline the delivery of your products by maximizing the efficiency of your resources. ColumbusFood helps you to plan the best delivery routes and optimize distribution planning, keeping in mind your customers’ preferences and requirements. With ColumbusFood, you will also minimize errors during delivery by maximizing loading and delivery efficiency.
- Provides more control over the pickup, staging and loading stages of your operation
- Maintains end-to-end lot control
- Tracks raw material lots—from receipt to production to sale
- Uses the lot history feature to get properties, test results, etc for a component
Overcoming the challenges that the food industry faces might look daunting. ERP software designed specifically for food manufacturers can help you do so and deliver innovative products to give you a competitive edge.
From product design and production planning, to costing, equipment management and batch manufacturing—ColumbusFood provides end-to-end capabilities for the efficient, quality-controlled output of food products. Columbus experts have helped leading companies like Jasper Wyman & Son, Mrs. Gerry's, Muffin Town and D'Arrigo to improve quality control, drive growth and innovation, and achieve efficiency.
Click below watch our on-demand webinar and know more about ColumbusFood.