If cases of your product are sold by the pound, a weight needs to be associated with each case, or an average weight to a group of cases, in order to properly invoice customers. Catch Weight functionality within ColumbusFood is incorporated into all modules that deal with inventory, including:
- Buy in one unit and pay in another, for example, 10 cases of cheese at $1.15/lb.
- Record actual weight of each case received, or
- Record the total weight for a group of cases and utilize the average for each case
- Inventory of all catch weight items is kept in units and weight, adjustments can be made to either. Both units can be displayed on reports.
ColumbusFood ADC (scanning solution)
- All necessary transactions provide for the ability to include both weight and units.
- Items will show both the number of cases and the weight involved
- Sell in one unit and price in another, for example, 10 watermelons at $.89/lb.
- Record and show the actual weight for each unit delivered, or
- Record and show the total weight of a group of items delivered if you used an average weight.