According to GlobeNewswire, the application management services (AMS) market size is forecast to cross the $4.1 billion mark by 2025 after clocking a CAGR of 22.3% from 2017 through 2023.
Why is the AMS industry growing at such an unprecedented rate? Should your company also sign up and collaborate with an AMS partner? Let us find out answers to these, and several other related, questions in this blog.
Unable to manage your applications efficiently?
Are you finding it difficult to keep your technology solutions in line with your changing business and user needs? If yes, you need application management services both now and in the long term to put in place a planned and continuous process that sustains the efficiency of these applications. You might need to make this shift also if you are trying to cope with dwindling productivity, increasing costs, and are unable to realize business value. By helping you implement best practices, procedures and techniques, AMS can improve, extend and upgrade the lifecycle of vital applications and infrastructure.
How does AMS make a difference to your business?
You can classify application management services into:
- Reactive services
- Proactive services
Reactive services: As the name suggests, this variety of application management services includes fixing issues or inefficiencies in applications. An array of services falls in the reactive bracket— incident management, service response time (SLA), system breakdowns, and more.
Proactive services: This kind of application management service helps you gain a strategic view of your IT systems and develop a plan for the future. Proactive AMS services include:
- Release and change management: Shifting to a more proactive IT strategy involves setting up applications and making changes to the configuration. You also need to deploy new functionalities to enhance your business operations. A few examples of such deployments include implementing a barcode scanning system in the warehouse, developing a new module, and/ or creating a new integration. Competent AMS partners not only seamlessly carry out enhancements and customizations, they also employ effective troubleshooting mechanisms to address lags in the development environment before the systems go live.
- Governance and operational agreements: Enterprise application management covers a wide range of services, you must prioritize the services you need. Your agreement with the AMS provider will include these defined systems and requirements which will evolved with time. It is also the service provider’s responsibility to deploy and support solutions to fulfill these requirements.
Access to better skills and talent
As your solutions become more innovative and intricate, your team will need to actively develop necessary skill sets that ensure optimal utilization of such technology. Working with an AMS partner will give you access to a rich blend of skills and expertise. Apart from driving productivity, efficiency and innovation, it is also cost effective—access to such diverse talent would not be possible by hiring one or two in-house IT professionals.
Different models of Application Management
Application management can be carried out through different models — staff augmentation, co-sourcing and managed services. The following diagram depicts the difference in the agility and flexibility between these models:
How to select the right AMS partner?
Selecting the right AMS partner largely depends on your IT requirements and future development plans. Here is a list of things you need to consider before you select an AMS partner:
The skills you need
- Your existing business systems
- The solutions you want to implement
- Your in-house IT team’s ability to achieve these goals
- Whether you can build an internal team to meet your requirement or whether you need to partner with an AMS service provider
- The cost of each of these approaches
- The extent of scalability of your IT resources throughout their lifecycle
- The availability of 24/7 support for business applications
- Operational governance
There are several benefits of collaborating with an AMS partner. Before you do, it is a good idea to understand in detail about the services such a partner brings to the table and the value they can add to your business. Explore the possibilities of application management services by viewing our informative AMS webinar