Columbus continued to grow revenue, which amounted to DKK 1,389m in 2022, corresponding to an increase of 9%. EBITDA increased by 3% to DKK 91.8m.
All major Business Lines and most Market Units contributed to the revenue growth, especially the strategic Business Lines Digital commerce, Data & Analytics and Customer Experience & Engagement delivered solid growth.
“We are satisfied with our results in 2022 delivering yet another year with organic growth. Our stronger position with larger customers and strengthened organization are the results of our focused growth strategy - but we also recognize that profitability must be improved in 2023”, says Chairman of the Board, Ib Kunøe.
“Industry focus has truly proven its value and by the end of 2022 74% of our customers originated from our core industries. In 2023, we will also be selective in our new sales activities to further position Columbus as a trusted advisor for larger customers looking for integrity, proven track record and high levels of industry-specific expertise”, says CEO & President, Søren Krogh Knudsen.
Performance highlights 2022
- Revenue growth of 9% amounting to DKK 1,389m
- EBITDA amounted to DKK 91.8m
- Recurring revenue amounted to DKK 192m, corresponding to an increase of 8%
- Profit after tax amounted to DKK 30m
- Efficiency of 63%
Operational highlights 2022
- Our new CFO Brian Iversen joined Columbus
- Divestment of Russian subsidiary
- Launch of global customer development program
- Improved efficiency in the Global Delivery Center in India
- Merge of Project and Care Business Lines
- Strengthening the Digital Advisory focus
- Launch of new sustainability strategy
- Continued focus on One-Columbus culture
Outlook for 2023
In 2023 we expect organic growth close to or above 10% and earnings improvements through enhanced efficiency and focus on contract profitability. Our full year guidance for 2023 is as follows:
- Revenue expected to be in the range of DKK 1,500m – 1,550m, corresponding to a growth of 8-12%
- EBITDA is expected to be in the range of DKK 115m – 135m corresponding to a margin of 7.4% - 9.0%.
In Q4 2023, we will launch our new strategy with long-term operational og financial goals.
For full details on performance, see Annual Report 2022.
For further information, please contact:
- Søren Krogh Knudsen, CEO & President, Tel.: +45 7020 5000
- Tine Rasmussen, Communication Director, TRA@columbusglobal.com, Tel.: +45 2969 0677