2022 was an important year in Columbus’ sustainability journey. We made great progress aligning our business practices with the UN Global Compact principles and the Sustainable Development Goals. Our commitment to the SDGs and global sustainability agenda are the drivers behind our new sustainability strategy and sustainability report for 2022, which we are happy to launch today.
With our purpose, “Digital transformation for a better tomorrow”, we are determined to address climate change with a dual approach: We provide our customers with the means to decrease their environmental impact while simultaneously evaluating and mitigating the effects of our own operations.
- With our customer-focused stream, we want to help our customers accelerate their sustainable performance and development by providing digital solutions that help them achieve their sustainability and growth goals.
- With our employee-focused stream, our goal is to assess our own internal performance in the areas of culture, conduct, and our operations’ impact on the environment. Within these three areas, we focus on, among other things, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, and our global greenhouse gas emissions.
Key points from our 2022 sustainability report
- We started monitoring our greenhouse gas emissions globally and established a confident baseline for 2022.
- We are committed to reduce our indirect greenhouse gas emissions by optimizing operations, improving energy efficiency and using more renewable energy.
- Currently, 60% of our electricity consumption is already renewable.
- The proportion of women in Columbus increased from 29% in 2021 to 31% in 2022.
- We launched new Diversity and Inclusion initiatives to further grow a diverse and talented workforce.
- Our employee satisfaction in 2022 improved to +47 compared to +40 in 2021.
- We launched new Values and Leadership Principles to support the creation of a unified culture in Columbus.
- The gender distribution in the Board of Directors was 20% women and 80% men by the end of 2022.
Get the full overview of all our initiatives in our 2022 Sustainability Report here.