The global pandemic caused the sales landscape to change dramatically. Unprecedented times called for unprecedented change. With many businesses forced to adapt overnight, new processes and methods were brought in, many employees had to reskill and the use of digital tools were scaled up. All whilst trying to maintain the best customer experience possible. So now 2 years on, what’s driving sales?
In this report we breakdown the following 5 key insights:
- Flexibility is key as customers face unprecedented challenges
- Digital transformation is accelerating
- Siloed departments result in a disconnected experience
- AI continues to surge
- Reskilling teams to align with business needs
For many organizations that couldn’t adapt quickly enough, everything was at stake. Whereas for those who were agile enough to implement or act on these 5 key areas, the chance for growth was possible.
A whopping 79% of sales reps say they’ve had to adapt quickly to new ways of selling. This alone tells you the sheer scale in which Covid-19 has forced transformation amongst sales teams.
In this report you'll also discover:
- The top 5 digital sales tools
- What areas automation is providing the biggest shift in performance
- How AI is increasing sales performance
- The best tactics for addressing staffing needs
Read the full report here: