A Product Information Management system, or PIM system, is a piece of software that tracks all the information managed by your company (such as inventories and price lists) in real-time and distributes it across the different channels of your company. A PIM revises and integrates all your data together, all at the same time.
Trying to unify this data by paperwork and spreadsheets is immensely stressful and time-consuming. It can often lead to many errors which is detrimental to your business and product production and promotion.
Here, we outline the benefits of a PIM system so that you can manage your product information and your business data seamlessly.
When do I need a PIM system?
- If you have a high volume of products (15,000 or above)
- If you have a high volume of customer information
- You use a variety of sales/marketing channels
- If you want to launch new products quickly
- You have multiple product relationships and a dynamic product range
- If you need to process products in different languages because you sell globally
- You use many different suppliers and sources
- If you want to promote brand harmony and awareness
- If you have a high volume of returns
These are just some of our reasons why you might need a PIM system, but there are many more because each business is unique. PIM systems cater to this and help to avoid the stress of facing these issues: it assists distributors, retailers and companies with strong e-commerce services as it takes all this information and stores it in the cloud.
The cloud provides optimum data facilitation and maximum productivity. The beauty of this storage system is that it allows data to travel to the right channel in your business and attract your desired audience. You won’t have to faff about with spreadsheets anymore when all your information is stored in one place.
Plus, you can access information from the cloud at any time, in any place.
An attractive thought, right?
However, whilst a PIM system can help you store and manage your data, it can also help to boost your business. We believe that using a PIM is a win-win because not only does it practically sort and store your data, it helps you to get the most out of it and is of great advantage to your company.
The advantages of a PIM system
- Information centralisation – as we’ve said, all your data is stored and synchronized in one place which makes it easier to manage and prevents the hassle of doing this all through paperwork
- Efficient SEO – a PIM thoroughly defines keywords for each of your products, making them easy to find in your search engines
- Achieves a more attractive brand image – the fact that all your data is stored in one place makes your company look (and function) much better than all your competitors. This makes you way more attractive to customers
- 24/7 accessibility – instant anytime, anywhere access to the cloud
Enhanced user experience – your product information is always updated and error-free, boosting customer trust and loyalty
You can only win with a PIM system
We believe that PIM systems are the best solution for people looking to simplify their management of data. PIM systems don’t just manage product information, they support the full process of creating, enriching, planning and releasing your products.
Whilst a PIM system offers all-round support to your business, it’s just one tactic in the overall strategy of increasing your basket value. There are other methods and solutions to consider, such as investing in a CMS and maximising your customer experience.
Download our guide on how to increase your basket value below to find out more.