More than 2,000 tech execs and 1,000 NHS staff attended the ERP Today Awards on Thursday 22nd September, for a day of awards and fundraising for the NHS.
There were 10 categories in total, with each category being judged on merit by a judging panel of eight ERP industry experts.
Columbus and Jackson’s Bakery were shortlisted for the top prize of Transformation Project of the Year, alongside the likes of Rolls-Royce and Capgemini, Innovate UK and Workday, and Alter Domus and Deloitte.
About the Columbus and Jackson’s project
Jackson’s Bakery – part of the William Jackson Food Group – was looking to overcome the following challenges:
- In 2021, Jackson’s signed an ambitious long-term deal to commence supply to a significant UK convenience retailer with its own-label sliced bread range
- The new deal meant a significant uplift of around 30% in Jacksons’ production and distribution
- Jackson’s current disparate legacy IT systems would be unable to cope with the new level of business growth
- In order to meet the demands of the new deal, Jackson’s realised it needed to undergo a transformation project to overhaul its technology and supply chain
Working in partnership with Columbus, Jackson’s selected a new integrated Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management (D365 FSCM) ERP solution as its technology backbone.
As a result of the implementation, Jackson’s have been able to:
- Modernise core processes from order to invoice, including procurement, EDI automation, advanced forecasting, production planning, material consumption and despatch
- Create a solid technology backbone (D365 FSCM) on which Jackson’s could launch its new business – with system enhancements in partnership with Columbus
- Gain from new efficiencies which will help Jackson’s contribute to William Jackson Food Group’s (WJFG) net-zero supply chain emissions target by 2040
- Successfully implement a modern solution that helped Jackson’s secure a multi-year deal, ensuring Jackson’s Bakery will be baking bread for its retail customers for many years to come
You can read the project in full by clicking on the button below.
The top prize went to Network Rail (nominated by EY), with Briggs of Burton (nominated by Sapphire) highly commended and NHS Digital (nominated by Cognizant and ServiceNow) commended.
“It was brilliant to see the Jackson’s project recognised for the outstanding value it delivered at the ERP Today Awards", said Simon Charlton, Commercial Director at Columbus. “To reach the final shortlist out of 67 transformation projects highlighted the excellent work from both ourselves and Jackson’s to implement a solution that enables the bakery to reach its goals for growth. We look forward to collaborating with the William Jackson Food Group on future innovative projects.”
“It was amazing to be in the shortlist of the Transformation Project of the Year category at the ERP Today awards," said Paul Fletcher, Business Systems Improvement Lead/Dynamics Project Manager at Jackson's Bakery. "It reflects all the hard work that was put into the project by both Jacksons and Columbus. A great collaboration through what was very challenging times and a short timescale.”
Columbus would like to thank everyone at ERP Today for a well-organised and enjoyable day. You can read more about our customers and how we’ve helped them reach their goals for growth by clicking on the button below.