The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Suite, also known as the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, is one of the world’s leading CRM systems. Made up of a collection of apps, the solution can help you enhance your sales and marketing strategies.
Here’s how - and we’ll be attributing the reasons to three key Dynamics 365 apps that are integral to the CRM solution:
Dynamics 365 for Marketing
Photo by Dominika Roseclay from Pexels
Create more personalised customer experiences
Thanks to this application’s ability to centralise data, it’s much easier to find the customer information you need. You can then truly gain a 360-degree view of your customers and make smarter marketing decisions, such as:
- Customising customer journeys based on your individual prospect’s buying behaviours. For example, you can send personalised emails depending on their actions
- Running more targeted marketing campaigns based on your enhanced customer knowledge so you can attract the right prospects
- Creating campaign assets quickly as you can access customisable templates, content modules and other design tools
Align your sales and marketing teams
Unified data means it’s easier to enable sales marketing alignment. For example, it’s easier to:
- Identify and target top accounts with personalised content and nurture activities
- Track and prioritise leads, thanks to the help of lead-scoring models
- Improve coordination between your two teams which we’ll discuss in more detail in the next section…
Enhanced team productivity
Centralised data means your teams spend less time looking for the information they need and more time attracting leads, nurturing them and closing deals. Dynamics 365 for Marketing also integrates with different office apps, such as Microsoft Office and Teams, so your teams can stay connected to each other.
This facilitates cross-team collaboration, like file and knowledge sharing, so both teams can gain a 360-degree of your prospects and leads. In addition, lead-scoring models, sales readiness grades and pre-built workflows make it easier for marketers to automatically hand off sales-ready leads.
Make more informed decisions
D365 for Marketing empowers your marketing team with data so they can make better, more informed decisions.
- Benefit from the data provided by prebuilt or customised dashboards
- Test content with built-in A/B testing and improve the performance of your marketing campaigns
- Better understand your customers’ needs with Customer Voice, a tool that can gather survey information ready for your analysis
- Use Dynamics 365 Customer Insights to analyse the quality of your leads and focus on the highest-priority ones
Dynamics 365 for Sales
Gain access to actionable insights and sell smarter
It’s not just your marketing team who can benefit from AI-driven contextual insights. Your sales team also gains more visibility, such as being able to look deeper into conversations and proactively flag ‘at risk’ deals.
- Lead and opportunity scoring models allow you to quickly identify the customers who are more likely to convert and buy. This can boost conversion and win rates
- Contextual insights recommend the next best actions and personalised talking points so you can tailor your engagements
- Insight into when and how customers interact so sellers can be more proactive in their email communications
- Relationship health notifications can help your sales team keep their relationships on track
All of these features help increase sales performance and success because your salespeople are empowered with information.
Build relationships more easily
It’s easier to build relationships with customers if you can have more authentic and personal engagements. Here’s how D365 Sales can help…
- The LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration unifies your relationship data with your sales processes so it’s easier to manage relationships
- Interactive organisational charts allow you to visualise relationships and keep better track of contacts
- Integrations with Office 365 tools makes it easier for sellers to collaborate with each other and share sales documents
- Survey insights from Customer Voice means you can see your customers’ points of view - making lead nurturing a smoother process
Give your sales team access to valuable learning resources
Even your most veteran salespeople may need to lean on additional resources and learning material from time to time. D365 Sales allow quick and easy access to:
- Sales playbooks with winning sales techniques and advice
- Contextual reference materials
- Contextual guidance during every phase of the sales cycle - based on business UI
A complete view of the customer
Customer needs and preferences are always changing but staying ahead of them doesn’t need to be difficult. D365 Sales features AI-driven insights that allow you to quickly discover emerging market and customer trends.
You’ll also be able to:
- Proactively identify at-risk deals as you gain more visibility into conversations
- Gain cross-team visibility into campaigns
- Collaborate on deals - Microsoft Teams is integrated with the D365 platform so it’s easier to share files across functions and geography
The result of all these features is that you gain visibility over issues before they arise and take quick action to resolve them. This streamlines your lead nurturing process.
Discover more about D365 Sales and Marketing in our comprehensive factsheet.
Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
Tailor services to your individual customers
Like D365 for Sales and Marketing, this application also allows you to gain a 360-view of your customers. More specifically, you can look at each customer journey in more detail. This means your customer service team can better anticipate needs and personalise every interaction which ultimately boosts customer satisfaction.
And the more satisfied customers are, the more likely they are to be loyal and keep doing business with your company.
Your team is empowered with information and can create an omnichannel experience
Customers want to be able to connect with a customer service agent at any time and on the channel of their choice. Ideally, they want their issue solved there and then rather than being passed to different departments but if it has to be, they don’t want to have to repeat themselves multiple times.
Thanks to this application’s ability to centralise information, this doesn’t need to be the case. So, if a customer starts by speaking to a live chat agent and then must speak to a customer service representative via a phone call, they won’t need to repeat their details. The next representative can seamlessly pick up where the previous left it, which boosts customer satisfaction and overall experience.
Your managers gain valuable insights
Your management team will also be empowered with information. For instance, they can gain real-time visibility into their team’s productivity and workloads. They can use this insight to better structure their team’s schedules, pinpoint training opportunities and highlight trending issues raised by customers.
The ability to spot these trends can help you identify and resolve issues before they even arise. This proactive approach is something customers will appreciate - thus, improving your lead nurturing process.
Discover even more benefits the right CRM system can give your business
The beauty of a CRM system is its ability to transform the end-to-end customer journey by unifying data and increasing visibility for you and your team. The better you know your customers (both new and existing), the easier it will be to nurture leads and push them down the sales funnel.
A comprehensive platform like the Dynamics 365 CRM can combine various aspects of your business, from sales and marketing to customer service, so you never need to rely on spreadsheets or multiple disparate systems again. You can turn that time you spent searching for information on nurturing leads and closing sales.
Want to read about the benefits of a CRM system and why more and more businesses like yours are looking to invest in one? Click the button below to access our visual graphic.