Many businesses have realised the benefits of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. They centralise essential customer data and simplify the task of managing it. As a manufacturer, you might be wondering how a CRM would help. After all, most of your business is from repeat sales and existing, loyal customers - and you already know their preferences off by heart.
But what about your new customers and your potential customers - do you know what they want? And are you sure every single one of your employees (new and old) know your customer needs off by heart? That’s where a CRM helps. All of that customer data is stored in one place, making it easier for your team to access what they need, whether it’s to solve a customer query or anticipate changing customer requirements.
Let’s discuss why Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement is the best CRM for manufacturing businesses.
- Gain a complete view of customers so you can provide a consistent service and experience…
- …and anticipate how needs might change
- Accelerate selling
- Build more meaningful relationships
- Enhance team productivity
Gain a complete view of customers so you can provide a consistent service and experience…
As mentioned earlier, a CRM system stores your customer information in one place, making it far easier to find what you need. Thanks to this, you can now gain a 360-degree view of your customers and:
- Interact with them using the channel they prefer
- Quickly find answers to customer questions and resolve problems more swiftly which improves customer experience and reduces customer churn
- Ensure every customer receives a consistent, unified experience even if their query/case is passed between different teams/agents
…and anticipate how needs might change
When customer information is stored in one place, it’s not only easier for you to quickly find the required answers and resolve customer cases, but it’s also easier to monitor customer needs and predict how they might change. Then, there are IoT diagnostics and device update features which will help you transition from a break/fix service model into a proactive and predictive one.
This can help you stay competitive and ensure you’re consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Thanks to centralised information, your customer-facing teams have everything they need to stay focused and productive, regardless of their location. This is particularly important for sales teams.
Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement gives your salespeople clear and achievable tasks. And using AI and predictive scoring, they’ll be prioritised so your sales team know what to focus on.
As for your marketing team, they can take advantage of built-in A/B testing features to ensure their campaigns are performing as effectively as they should. Then, they can use lead scoring models and sales readiness grades to identify the best leads and pass them over to sales.
Build more meaningful relationships
Modern day customers have higher expectations than ever before. For example, they want answers to their queries and problems instantly. Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement gives your customers access to knowledge resources and AI-powered virtual agents (e.g. chatbots) to quickly resolve popular issues.
This saves time for your customers and customer service team who can now focus on more complex customer issues.
Customers also trust salespeople less than ever before. However, Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement offers powerful AI features to help you have more meaningful conversations and connections with customers.
For example, conversation intelligence detects customer emotions so your sales team can respond in the right way. There’s also the LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration, which gives you access to related leads and recommendations on how to secure a warm introduction, and relationship health notifications so you can ensure your customer relationships stay on track.
Enhance team productivity
When information is stored in one place, this allows your teams to spend less time searching and more time on their other vital tasks. But that’s not the only way Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement boosts productivity.
The suite also:
- Allows for cross-team collaboration e.g. integrations with Microsoft 365 mean multiple teams can work on the same version of one document in real-time and communicate via Microsoft Teams
- Dynamics 365 Customer Voice collects survey results which you can use to complete your customer profiles and continuously improve customer service
- Routes customer cases by topic or channel, matching them to the employee best equipped to handle them - which improves time to resolution and customer satisfaction, as well as productivity as your teams gain time back
- Recommends the most relevant content and training material to your teams e.g. sales playbooks for your sales team so they can spend less time searching for answers and more time closing deals
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement suite could be the one
Finding the right CRM software for any business is complicated. For the manufacturing industry, it can be even more complicated - with advances in technology, competitors moving at a fast pace and market demands constantly growing. The right CRM can help manufacturers better manage their customer needs and automate key sales processes to improve efficiency.
If you’d like to learn more about the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement apps, click the button below to download our ultimate solutions pack.